Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My August 05, 2009 Rant

First off, lol @ Paramount for not letting critics see GI Joe before its release. Now I must admit, I was really psyched to see this move the first time I saw the trailer. But after seeing additional trailers I feel like I'm slowly losing interest. It looks mediocre at best. Having Damon Wayans in it should've been a clue, but I still gave it the benefit of the doubt. No more. Unless I start hearing an overwhelming positive response, I will be waiting for the dvd rental. And wtf is up with Paramount's decision of letting Harry Knowles (from AintItCool) watch an advance screening? This might kind of expose Harry of either a.) Being in bed with movie studios or b.) easily giving positive reviews on bad movies. Either way...he's been exposed.

Looks like Katherin Heigel is going to be in another romantic-comedy called "Life As We Know It". Shocker! Wow Katherine, way to throw a curveball. Nobody expected you to be in another romantic comedy. I'm sorry but she lost all credibility with me when she stars in Knocked Up which dominated the box office and made a ton of money, then turns around and talks shit about Apatow and how the movie is "a little sexist. It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys." Fine, since you have such an issue with it maybe it would be the right thing to do to donate every penny you made off the movie to a woman's domestic violence charity. Didn't want to do that? Thought so. She has no problem making money off the movie that she deems "sexist". So she will now be typecast in the same romantic comedy role forever. I mean seriously, who's going to take a chance on her when she badmouths the movies she's in? Nobody. You will never see her in anything but what she's doing now. Grey's Anatomy and forgettable romantic comedies.

Guillermo Del Toro's The Orphanage is being remade. People, watch the original. Yes it's subtitled, but if you arent going to watch a movie solely because you have to read it then you are missing out on a ton of great movies. After 10 minutes you dont even realize you are reading subtitles. Trust me.

By the way, ENOUGH WITH THE TEEN VAMPIRE THING!! Twilight, Vampire Diaries, True Blood (which i heard was good), Vampire's Assistant (I'm not joking). ENOUGH!

Ridley Scott is making an Alien prequel. My nipples are so erect you could make lemonade on them. Scott made the original Alien which is in my top5 of all time. I cannot wait for this. It needs to come out tomorrow. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters