Monday, February 8, 2010

Movie Nerd Reviews

Something I'm going to try are small reviews of movies as I see them. Here we go...

Daybreakers - (3 stars out of 5)

Actually I was really impressed with this movie. It had a good twist on the vampire genre. Seeing the world completely taken over by vampires was amazing. From the Starbucks turned blood banks to the vampire Uncle Sam posters saying "Join the Army. Hunt Humans!" It's kind of a slow movie so the pacing isn't great, but the story is good enough to keep your attention. Not to mention at times very bloody...which is a good thing.

Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball - (3 1/2 stars out of 5)

I love the original and had no idea the sequel was even coming out. I almost ignored it thinking it's going to be a lame attempt at making money off of the original. I'm glad I gave it a chance. It was surprisingly good. It kept the same style that Smokin' Aces is known for. I would've liked to have seen more development on the assassins. They felt like fodder and it's a shame because they seemed to be really interesting. It's not going to be a groundbreaking or classic movie but it's ultra violent and a very fun movie. Give it a chance. What other movie are you going to see people using a cannon shooting midget clowns strapped with explosives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters